Friday, March 23, 2007

Art of Fighting

look, I know that with Jet and the Vines, Aussie bands have a bit of catching up to do in the hype/vs/quality department, but AOF are great.

On their website, listen to "Heart Translation" and "Reasons Are All I Have Left" - these songs are just great.

Admittedly, I've been into them since I heard a song from their demo. But the one and only time I've seen them live convinced me - they had a crown of about 100 singing along louder than the band - it seemed like an "eyes closed" sort oif moment, but opening my eyes, I saw, what I guess was the joy "of realising that all these people get it too" on everyone's faces. My friends Johan and ingrid were impressed too.

They were followed up by Bluebottle Kiss, and please please please do what ever you can to hear "Doubt Seeds" by that band.

No comments: